Whether you are showing properties or holding an open house, please practice the following safety precautions:
- Constantly be AWARE of your surroundings; who’s nearby and what they’re doing.
- Always let someone know where you’ll be.
- Develop an alarm system: Calling into the office or your home to check on the “RED” file is a signal to the recipient that you are in danger.
- Have your cell phone handy and ready to dial 911.
- At open houses, stand near a door for a quick getaway.
- Lock or secure valuables in your car’s trunk. Hold on to your car keys, for they can also be used as a weapon.
- Let buyers or visitors go ahead of you throughout the house tour, never behind.
- Park your car at the curb for a fast getaway.
- If you witness someone stealing, exit the room and the house Immediately, call 911.
There’s no need to be paranoid, simply be aware of your surroundings and if something just doesn’t feel “right”, listen to your instincts.
If you’d like additional safety hints, call, text, or email me. We want to keep you around for a long time.
Comments are closed.